Puglia - Guided tour of Altamura - Gravina in Puglia
Discover with this tour two pearls of Puglia: Altamura and Gravina.
Famous for the production of DOP bread, Altamura also boasts the presence of an interesting medieval cathedral built by Frederick II of Swabia and a succession of noble palaces along the streets of the historic center. Gravina, on the other hand, famous for its rock habitat, has numerous rock churches surrounded by a decidedly picturesque landscape.Itinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
Altamura, Altamura, Province of Bari, Puglia
• Meeting at the historic center of Altamura
• Sightseeing tour among the claustri et strictulis, typical elements of urban planning in the historic center.
• Visit of the majestic Frederick's cathedral, born in 1232 by the will of the emperor himself.
• Entrance to one of the wood-fired ovens to learn the secrets of Altamura bread
Duration: 2 hoursStop At:
Gravina in Puglia, Gravina in Puglia, Province of Bari, Puglia
• Meeting at the historic center of Gravina in Puglia (Via Alcide De Gasperi).
• Visit of the Cathedral of the Assumption, commissioned by the Norman Alfredo D’Altavilla.
• Visit of the “Cola-Cola” Museum (free admission).
• The tour continues through Piazza Benedetto XIII and Piazza Notar Domenico, from where you can visit the Church of Purgatory, the Finia Library and the Quattro Fontane.
• Walk through the two medieval districts of the city.
• Visit of the Calata di San Michele (in the Fondo Vico district) from which it is possible to see the rock church of the same name
Route through the narrow streets of the historic center up to the Bridge • Viaduct Aqueduct Madonna della Stella, where you can admire the caves.
Duration: 2 hours
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Near public transportation"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
Duración: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Lugar de comienzo:
1: Via Matera, 2, 70022 Altamura BA, Italy
2: Via Alcide De Gasperi, 70024 Gravina in Puglia BA, Italy
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.