From the market, to the secret kitchen
I am a Basque native, in love with my country, culture and gastronomy. And after be working with travelers 7 years, in 2015 I started offering artisan, unique and authentic experiences in my own. Aiming to offer the possibility to enjoy feeling and living, the true essence of the Basque Country, out of the commercial and away from the tourist masses.
And this is the best experience I offer ever about our gastronomy in San Sebastian and probably the most pure that is offered in the city. If you don’t believe me, came on to buy all we will need, in the market and old stores, for cooking and eating, one of our most classic menus in my "gastronomic society". And after completing the experience, you are not satisfied. I will return you, the
amount paid for it.
* The gastronomic society : Is where you can experience the region’s gastronomy from first hand. The love of food and social dining is what brings together to cook top quality ingredients with loving care.
You must come hungry, because we will start the day having breakfast. Before start shopping, and enjoying with the local gastronomical life, in the market and the most original shops of San Sebastian, while we taste different foods. Then, we will enter in a very special place for locals, where you will enjoy and learn, by cooking together one of ours most delicious menus (starters, main course and dessert). While we cook, we will also make 2 traditional pintxos, to eat them in the moment, help with one of ours typical local wines. Once we have the food ready, we will go to play our most native sport, the hand ball and have a drink in a classic tavern, to enjoy the atmosphere of the street. Before, returning t eat the full menu. After lunch, we will continue with coffee and a classic local liquor and you will enjoy the moment quietly, until you want...Stop At:
• Mercado de la Bretxa, Alameda del Boulevard 3, 20003 San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
• Mercado de San Martin, Calle Urbieta, 9, San Sebastian - Donostia Spain
• Parte Vieja, San Sebastian - Donostia SpainSample Menu
• 2 Classic pintxos and a portion of fried green peppers with jamon de bellota - I like to use local, fresh and seasonal produce. So in each season of the year the menu varies.
• Cabbage with red beans and chillies and chorizo, black pudding and bacon - We put all the food on the table and everyone goes eating as they please. This is my favorite local food and the most classic of the Basque Country.
• Curd with nuts and honey - The curd will be made with raw milk from local sheep and we will use honey and nuts also local and natural.
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
"Service animals allowed"
"Near public transportation"
"Infants must sit on laps"
"Infant seats available"
"Transportation is wheelchair accessible"
"Surfaces are wheelchair accessible"
"The schedule is ideal to enjoy the experience, but I am always ready to personalize it."
"If you have any particular request about food or drink, no worries. Because you can tell me before start shopping."
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers"
Hora de Inicio:
Duración: 8 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
Alameda del Blvd., 25W, 20003 San Sebastián, Gipuzkoa, Spain
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.