Wine Tasting at Fairy Tale Loire Valley Château and Gardens du Rivau
Prepare yourself to be amazed by this secret gem of the Loire Valley. This medieval castle and its gardens have been lovingly restored by its present owners. Your visit includes the interior of the Château and the gardens and a wine tasting of the owners’ wines.
Inside the castle you will discover period furniture, contemporary art works by celebrated artists or hunting trophies... In addition, the state of the art sound installation system brings the château to life and turns the visit into a magical experience.
The award-winning gardens are an evocation of fairytale and each of them is inspired by a medieval legend. As you walk around the 14 Rivau gardens, you will go from surprise to surprise and discover unique associations of plants.
• You can tailor the visit and spend as little or as a long time as you wish. Some visitors stay a couple of hours and others stay all day.
• Please note that the wine tastings are available between 12pm and 3.30pm.
• The visit is entirely self-guided and you will find panels in the gardens and the castle in French and English.
• You will be given a leaflet in your choice of French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Flemish, Japanese or Russian.
• You can book a visit with audioguide. The audio-guide is available in English, French German, Flemish, Italian, Spanish and Chinese for adults. There is a special version for children in French and English.
• Meals: you can bring your own picnic or eat in our restaurant (open from March 26th - September 30th, October 3rd to October 7th and October 19th - November 2nd from 12am to 3pm. Last order: 2.30pm). Our restaurant offers delicious dishes mainly made with produce from our own garden and local suppliers.
• The Rivau is located in the Loire Valley in the Touraine region. It is accessible by train (train station Chinon), by plane (Tours airport) or by TGV (train station St Pierre des Corps) and by car. The Rivau is 2h30 from Paris by TGV.
• To get to the chateau du Rivau by car from Tours, take the A10 direction Poitiers and take exit 25 (St Maure de Touraine), follow the direction Chinon and the pannels chateau du Rivau.
• Free parking.
• Dogs on a leash are welcome.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Minimum drinking age is 18 years"
"Lunch and wine tastings are available between 12pm and 3.30pm. Last order 2.30pm."
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Hora de Inicio:
April : 10am to 6pm.
From May 1st to September 30th : 10am to 7pm.
From October 1st to 1st Sunday in November : 10am to 6pm.
Admission closes 45 minutes before the closing of the Castle.
For the visit of the castle and gardens count a minimum of 1h30. Half a day is optimum.
Duración: 1 To 6 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
Le Château du Rivau
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.