Cooking Class & Market Tour in Cuenca
Learn about our local cuisine and our organic products. We will visit and purchase some of the items from the local "10 de Agosto market". Then we head to a family house and beginning cooking our own meal!
The Ecuadorian cuisine and it's many different flavors and mix of ingredients is the main reason we have opted to offer you a great learning experience. Although its gastronomy is considered to be one of the most forgotten of South America the country has nothing to envy Peru which one of the most recognized cuisines in the world.
Our first duty is to visit the "10 de Agosto" local market to handpick the ingredients that will be needed for our lunch. There's nothing better than handpicking ingredients which are commercialized by the local farmers and vendors of the region. This will give an added flavor to our home-cooked meal! We will now proceed to visit a welcoming local family that will invite us to their kitchen where we will begin our class. The chef will lead you to step by step into making our meal into perfection. Whether it's a “Locro de papas” a “Seco de Pollo” or any of the options we have, you will have the chance to learn about the local dishes and culture.Stop At:
• Mercado 10 De Agosto, Calle Larga, Cuenca 010150 EcuadorSample Menu
• Locro de papas - The most typical soup of the Ecuadorian highlands made with potatoes, cheese, and avocado.
• Quinoa Soup - One of the very important indigenous foods made with quinoa, cheese, milk, onions, garlic.
• Empanadas de Viento - Fried cheese empanadas until crispy and served sprinkled with sugar.
• Seco de Pollo - Chicken slowly stew cooking in a sauce of onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
• Fritada - Fried until crisp cubes of pork served with Llapingachos (grilled mashed potatoes), corn, and salad.
• Vegetarian and Vegan options - Available under request.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Vegetarian or Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required"
"Near public transportation"
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas"
"Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
Duración: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Lugar de comienzo:
Traveler pickup is offered
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.