Barron Gorge National Park Half-Day White Water Rafting from Cairns or Port Douglas
Enjoy an outdoor adventure in Queensland with a 2-hour white-water rafting tour in Barron Gorge National Park. This experience is a suitable introduction to river rafting for first-timers, providing an exhilarating time with a rafting guide. Take in rainforest views along the Barron River as you navigate rapids up to grade III. When booking, you have the option to include pickup in Cairns and the Northern Beaches or Port Douglas, or drive yourself to the starting point.Itinerary
Just 20 minutes from central Cairns and 40 minutes from Port Douglas, Barron Gorge National Park is convenient for whichever option you select when booking—either hotel pickup by coach or driving yourself to Lake Placid. The park is known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, Barron Falls, and, of course, Barron Gorge, carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River.
When you arrive at Lake Placid, meet your guide to get ready for your white-water rafting tour on the river, which snakes its way down from the mountains toward the Coral Sea. During this scenic experience, enjoy a combination of calm water and a series of white-water rapids, providing you with both peaceful floating and more exciting action. You’ll raft for up to two hours on rapids up to grade III.
No experience is necessary, making this a good choice for beginner rafters. Rafts hold up to seven passengers plus your river guide, who keeps you safe and entertained. When your tour is over, return to your pickup point.
Total duration of this tour depends on your pickup location or if you drive yourself.
AU$30 per person River Levy payable on board to Foaming Fury.Stop At:
• Foaming Fury, 19-21 Barry St, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
• Barron Gorge National Park, Wrights Lookout Rd, Queensland Australia
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"Not recommended for travelers with back problems"
"Minimum age is 12 years"
"Children between 12 and 17 years require a parent or guardian to sign a waiver form"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
Duración: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
Lugar de comienzo:
Traveler pickup is offered
AU$30 River Levy per person payable on board.
We pick up from limited hotels and accommodations in Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas.Ports
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
- Dunwoody's Hotel, 317 Sheridan St, Cairns North QLD 4870, Australia
- Skypark Cairns by AJ Hackett, Lot 2 End of, McGregor Rd, Smithfield QLD 4878, Australia
- McDonald's, Suncorp Building The, Esplanade, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
- Cairns One, 12 Gregory St, Westcourt QLD 4870, Australia
- Cairns Adventure Group, 19-21 Barry St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
- Edge Hill Service Station, 130/134 Collins Ave, Edge Hill QLD 4870, Australia
- Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
- Kewarra Thai Cuisine, Shop 2B, 29-33 Poolwood Rd, Kewarra Beach QLD 4879, Australia
- Red Beret Hotel, 411 Kamerunga Rd, Redlynch QLD 4870, Australia
- Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, 44 Wharf St, Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
- Wildlife Habitat, Port Douglas Rd, Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.