Cooking Classes Quy Nhon City
With a local traditional Vietnamese instructor, you will be escorted to the local market to explore under supervision the vast array of local ingredients. Basic knowledge of all food/ingredients will be explained and any questions you have, please ask as you go around. It will be a mix of stall traders and semi permanent shops under one roof. Take in the sights of locals busy haggling over the price, enjoy the noise and smells of the market. Remember Quy Nhon is a seafood specialist city, so there may be a few items that you don’t recognize. The joys of foreign lands. If you wish to specialize more on fish and seafood in general, please let us know in advance. We will do our best to accommodate and/or go off menu if you give us an idea of a particular dish ie traditional sea snails (shell fish)
After meeting up at the school, you will be taken to a local market to buy your ingredients with Kenina our resident chef. Then return to cook all the dishes that you’ve preselected from the menu, the day before. All dishes will be cooked fresh and consumed by yourselves. If you choose to take away, that’s not a problem, BUT sitting with locals that are bilingual and eating your Vietnamese food in the traditional manner is always a good part of the experience. Kenina will offer up basic historical facts and traditions to ensure that you always use the correct sauce/dip and table etiquette that you wow your friends with on your return home. With years of experience of cooking for a large hungry family, you won’t be disappointed.Sample Menu
• Pho Bo or Pho Ga - The legend that is Pho (fur) either Beef (Bo) or Chicken (Ga)
• Bun Bo - Local traditional noodle soup with beef
• Banh Cuon - Rice paper wraps, very similar to spring rolls without being deep fried.
• Suon non ram man - Deep fried pork with a rich fish sauce, slightly sweet. (Husbands Favorite)
• Salat Tom - Baby prawn (shrimp) salad.
• Tai Heo Salat - Pig ear salad with a cheeky chili kick, much better than it sounds.
• Canh ga chien nuoc mam - Chicken wings deep fried with fish sauce
• Banh hoi thit heo luot - Pork, noodles and vegetable spring rolls. Not fried.
• Canh suon - Pork rib soup with root vegetables. Carrot, sweet potato and pumpkin.
Vegetarian options available
• Ca kho - Locally sourced catch of the day fish, cooked in fish sauce, garlic and touch of sugar. Semi sweet.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Service animals allowed"
"Infant seats available"
"Transportation is wheelchair accessible"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers"
Hora de Inicio:
Duración: 4 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
36 Trần Văn Ơn, Nguyễn Văn Cừ, Thành phố Qui Nhơn, Bình Định 55113, Vietnam
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.