Focus on Haines Private Nature / Photography tour
The Focus on Haines Private Tour is tailored to my guests' interests and will offer you the opportunity to see the best Alaska has to offer.away from the ships & shops. Whether you are a photographer or just want to get out into the quiet corners of America’s last frontier, you will find Haines to be the Alaska you came to experience.
At each stop I share the stories of cultural and natural history that makes each location special.
If your interest is photography, I strive to cover the basics of your camera's technical functions. I offer instruction how and when to use the camera's various modes to optimize the photograph you would like to save as a real keeper. Additionally, I offer tips to optimize your opportunities for successful wildlife photography. I can discuss the best composition considerations when framing your shots so you come home with an award-winning photograph.
For people who want an extended tour, additional time can be provided for at the time of the tour.Itinerary
In the course of the four-hour tour, we will visit
• the historic Fort Wm H Seward, Alaska’s first permanently established Army base. Native culture and totems are intermixed with Alaska’s early history.
• The Chilkat River, one of America’s most pristine and productive salmon streams and home of the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve
• Letnikof Cove, home of an iconic cannery set before the majestic backdrop of the Chilkat Range mantled with hanging glaciers.
• Chilkat State Park where you will enjoy the magnificence of Rainbow Glacier
• Chilkoot State Park where you will drink in the beauty and peace of the Chilkoot River and Chilkoot Lake. Throughout the season you may enjoy wildflowers, eagles nesting, and bears feeding on salmon.
At each stop I am happy to share the back stories of cultural and natural history that makes each location special and unique. Remember each tour is private for you and your friends or family and can be tailored to your personal preferences
The duration of the tour can be extended on the day of the tour for guests who wish to spend more time exploring and experiencing the unique nature of our various stops.
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Near public transportation"
"Not recommended for travelers with back problems"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Duración: 4 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
- Haines Municipal Airport, 728 Main St, Haines, AK 99827
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.