Tixhiñú Waterfalls Abseiling Adventure from San Miguel de Allende or Querétaro
The Tixhiñú trip is one of our favorites for those who love hiking and the serenity of the oak forests. It takes place in the community of the same name, located in the State of Mexico just about an hour from Queretaro. You will start with a rappel beside a beautiful waterfall that goes into the beginning of a creek full of wildlife. Afterwards we return to the van to move on to a second nearby waterfall and make our final rappel, which has a spectacular view. We will finish our adventure with a delicious meal and some of the following options: blackberry picking (in season), or an apiculture workshop where we will learn about the importance of bees in our daily lives. You will have the opportunity to discover an Otomí handicraft village where traditional dolls, sillar work and ceramics are produced.Itinerary
- 8:00 am Pick up according to negotiation with traveler.
- 8:10 am Signing of paperwork (letter of responsibility, regulations, covid letter, medical form).
- 8:15 am Transfer to destination.
- 9:30 am Arrival at the base of the first waterfall.
- 9:40 am Start of briefing and gearing.
- 10:00 am Hike and first rappel in the waterfall.
- 12:00 hrs Return to vehicle and transfer to second waterfall.
- 12:30 hrs Hike and rappel to second waterfall.
- 14:00 hrs Lunch at the waterfall restaurant or in the town of Aculco.
- 15:30 hrs Transfer to blackberry field for picking or beekeeping workshop.
- 16:00 hrs Beekeeping or blackberry picking workshop with traditional ice cream tasting.
- 17:00 hrs Transfer to Queretaro
- 17:30 hrs Arrival in Queretaro and drop off of travelers at the agreed point.Stop At:
• Aculco, Aculco, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
• Cascadas de Tixhinu, Carretera 57 Acambay-San Juan del Rio A few kilometers from the Municipal Head, Aculco Mexico
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"Not recommended for travelers with back problems"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"People from 10 to 69 years old are allowed"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Service animals allowed"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas"
"Gear/equipment sanitized between use"
"Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
Hora de Inicio:
Duración: 8 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
Exxi Challenge Mexico, Balvanera Golf & Polo Country Club, 76915 Balvanera Polo & Country Las Anitas 7, 76920 Qro., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup only available inside Querétaro City
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.