The Native Expedition - Sierra Nevada (4 days Deep In The Jungle)
This project was started by a group of peasant families who have decided leave aside activities with a negative impact on the environment (like intensive agriculture and livestock) and work in tourism. These families saw that the place what has always been their home is a paradise of landscapes, biodiversity and cultural experiences. And now they want to show this paradise, and everything it offers, to the rest of the world. This trek is outside of others tourist treks saturated with visitors, wildlife full, ancient rainforests, impressive waterfalls, friendly people and stunning views of the mountains and the Caribbean Sea.
Of course, to get to the most beautiful places requires great effort, hiking along steep slopes, grass fields, forests and mountains. As such, it is necessary to be in a good physical and mental condition. You will be rewarded at the end of each day, when we will be welcomed, eat and sleep in the peasants houses where we will have a cultural exchange.Itinerary
- starting at 06:00 AM from you location in Santa Marta.
- travel of 29 km in motorcycle before starting the trekking.
- warm-up 3 Km hiking to a peasant house (La Esperanza).
- spend the afternoon and prepare for next day.
- get up early (05:30).
- first great day of hiking through the deep mountains and forest, about 12 Km hiking along a path that goes through the most wooded heart of the mountains.
- arrive to second guest farm (Palacio de las Nubes).
- spend the rest of the afternoon and evening .
- wake up 05:40 AM to see the awesome sunrise that the Palacio de las Nubes farm offers.
- start the hike at 09:00. About 5 Km downhill hike most.
- from 1.600 M to 800 M high.
- have the chance to explore one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the entire mountain range, "El Salto".
- spend the afternoon and the night at La Estrella Farm.
- get up early (05:30) to face our second great day of hiking, about 20 Km.
- hiking through the territory of Wiwa native community.
- our final destination, La Tagua town (1.600 M high).
- we'll take the lunch (about 14:30).
- start our return to Santa Marta. Average arrival time in Santa Marta: 17:30.Stop At:
• Parque Nacional Natural Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, Minca, Santa Marta Municipality Colombia
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Service animals allowed"
"Infants must sit on laps"
"Not recommended for travelers with back problems"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
Hora de Inicio:
Duración: 3 Days 13 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
Traveler pickup is offered
Please have breakfast before starting the trip or take breakfast for the way.
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
- Marina Santa Marta, Carrera 1 #22-93, Santa Marta, Magdalena, Colombia
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.