Cooking Class in Quito with chef + Market Tour with Andres + transport included
Andres (the owner) will meet you at your hotel, if your hotel is close to the market we will walk there, if not we will take my comfy SUV. Andres will first take you for a tour in the traditional Central Market and surroundings to hunt for fresh local products that you will use during your cooking class. Then you will head to the restaurant which is located in a beautiful Colonial house in the heart of Old Town Quito. During this tour, you will experience life as a local and will learn how to make 3 traditional dishes with a gourmet twist, which you can replicate back home. Get ready for a packed day filled with incredible sights, tastes, and smells. And at the end of it all, you will be able to enjoy the delicious meal you cooked. Highly recommended experience!
Visiting the market in Ecuador is a one-of-a-kind experience!
You´ll discover the best smells, tastes, and colors of fruits, vegetables, and spices that will help you create the perfect Ecuadorian meal. Andres will meet you at the main entrance of the Quito Central Market and will take you on a tour of the market and the surrounding area. Here you will meet the best specialty vendors, the stand that has the freshest vegetables, a cheese depot, yesteryear meat vendors, the lady who always has the best fruits, and an exotic fruit juice stand. The experience starts off by shopping for fresh ingredients and local products, some of which you will not be able to find anywhere else in the world.
Back at the restaurant, the Chef will teach you Ecuadorian cooking techniques and tricks. You will make everything from scratch, chopping, dicing, and cooking like a true local.
Time to Eat
Once finished in the kitchen, the chef sets a beautiful table and all the hard work pays off. It´s time to enjoy your meal in a Colonial house in the heart of Old Town Quito.
Highly recommended experience! Stop At:
• Mercado Central, Av. Pichincha, Quito 170150 EcuadorSample Menu
• Traditional Quito Shrimp Ceviche - Served with shrimp cooked to perfection, onions, various tomato textures, and orange juice. (The starter dish can be modified to your requests)
• Encocado de Pescado (Coconut Fish Dish) - You will cook the fish with a delicious coconut sauce. The fish is served with yellow rice, plantain chips, and a garden salad.
• Chocolate Soup - The dish includes a variety of Ecuadorian fresh fruits and a chocolate sauce made with real Ecuadorian cocoa and a bit of liquor.
• Locro de Papa (Potato Cheese Soup) - The Locro de Papa is a classic dish from Quito. It is a savory dish, with tons of cheese, potatoes and decorated with an avocado rose.
• Chicken Tamales - Tamales are made in an achira leaf and cooked in a special pot for tamales. They are fun to make and very tasty.
• Quimbolito Quiteño (Fluffy cake in a leaf) - Quimbolitos are awesome, they are a traditional dessert in Quito, a fluffy cake steamed inside an achira leaf.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Service animals allowed"
"Infants must sit on laps"
"Transportation is wheelchair accessible"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas"
"Gear/equipment sanitized between use"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
"Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons"
Duración: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Lugar de comienzo:
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from a hotel in urban Quito. If you are staying in the Historic Center we will stop by your hotel and walk to the market with you. If you are staying close to the airport we can pick you up but that will incur a $35 dollar surcharge roundtrip. Airports
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
- Mariscal Sucre Airport, Quito Ecuador
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.