DMZ TOUR HUE - Deluxe group tour full day
Best way to learn the Vietnam War
Small-group tour, maximum of 12 people
Tour guide fluent in Vietnam History and accompany tourists from the very start, Hue city
Visit 4 war museums and relics that leftover from the war
Free snacks. Souvenir. Value for moneyItinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
Quang Tri Citadel, Phu_ng 2, Quang Tri Vietnam
- 07h30: Our guide and car will pick you up at your hotel in Hue central, then ready to start the DMZ Tour Hue.
- Horror Highway: the horrible carnage on Vietnam Highway 1. Thousands of civilians, mostly the elders, women, children, and scores of soldiers were killed by artillery and infantry weapons in hours of shooting.
- Long Hung Church: one of the very few existing buildings remains in Quang Tri town during “Fire Summer” or Eastern Offensive in 1972. It is a National Relic in the town of Quang Tri Vietnam – BA5453.
- Quang Tri Ancient Citadel: is seen as an eye-witness of fierce battles during the anti-American resistance war in 1972. During the 81-day fighting, the citadel was almost destroyed by thousands of tons of bombs released by the US army. Nowadays, the citadel becomes a place to mark immortal victories of the Vietnamese army and people and to educate youths about the nation’s revolutionary tradition and its patriotism.
Duration: 30 minutesStop At:
Khe Sanh Combat Base, Huong Hoa District, Khe Sanh Vietnam
- Continue the journey, we stop to visit:
- Dakrong Bridge: the bridge was considered the beginning of the Ho Chi Minh Trail network, and during many years of Vietnam War, this access point was hotly contested. The Dakrong Bridge fell many times. Now it’s a grand suspension bridge, a proud thumbed nose as if to say, “You can’t knock down my bridge anymore.”
- On the way, tourists also have chances to meet Paco minority village.
- Ta Con Airport: now is the Khe Sanh Combat Base Museum, contains a boneyard of several captured U.S. tanks and aircraft destroyed during the Battle of Khe Sanh. According to the official accounts provided by the museum, 197 U.S. planes were shot down or captured during the 170-day battle.
- Free snacks. Enjoy the local Khe Sanh coffee (own expense).
Duration: 30 minutesStop At:
Vinh Moc Tunnel, Vinh Th_ch, Dong Ha 520000 Vietnam
- After break, our guide and car take you back to the war sites, including:
- Hien Luong Bridge – Ben Hai River: The Geneva Agreements on Vietnam signed in 1954 divided Vietnam into North and South with the 17th Parallel where the Ben Hai River runs through the central province of Quang Tri as a borderline. Hien Luong Bridge, also knows as the Peace Bridge, was built by the French in 1950, across Ben Hai River. It is 178 m long but it took 21 years for Vietnamese people from the North and the South to be united.
- Vinh Moc Tunnels and Tunnels Museum: The most highlight part of DMZ Tour during Vietnam War. The complex of Vinh Moc tunnel located deep in the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone and sheltered Vinh Linh county people from the intense bombing. The tunnels were a success in saving the villagers’ lives and providing them the necessary living conditions to fight back the American enemy.
Duration: 1 hour
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers"
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability"
Hora de Inicio:
Duración: 10 To 11 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
Traveler pickup is offered
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.