Deep Backstreet Osaka Tours
Discover the ghetto, retro zone, yakuza, redlight district, illegal gambling dens and the intriguing neighbourhood alleys with Andy, your half Japanese half Australian tour guide.
During the tour you’ll do some taste testing at a street stall. Then after we finish exploring, you’ll have the option to go to a local, traditional, family run restaurant tasting 5 delicious dishes!
We strive to show you the authentic Osaka on this night tour, where you get a real and deep understanding of the inner workings of this amazing city visiting some architecture which is steeped in history & some run down, derelict areas too…not what Osaka Tourism wants you to see!
Get an inside look with Andy who has extensive knowledge of the Osaka region and can answer all your queries on this walking tour.
- During this award winning tour (No. 1 walking tour in the whole of Japan in 2019/2020) you’ll taste delicious local food at two different street run, family stalls.
- See bizarre & outlandish shops in the Osaka retro zone
- Delve into a network of old, twisting, narrow alleys full of charm
- Enter an astonishing abandoned houses zone
-Set foot in Osaka’s most important, but unknown, place of worship
- Explore a unique, historical red light district with links to the yukuza.
- Venture into the intriguing ghetto area with a controversial past.
- Option Dinner: Taste authentic Osaka “soul food" at an izakaya you'll never find on other tours. Tonpeiyaki, Kaarage, Nikudofu, Yakitori & includes desserts. This food is as local as you could ever find! It’s a vegetarian friendly too.
"Near public transportation"
"Transportation is wheelchair accessible"
"Surfaces are wheelchair accessible"
"Most travelers can participate"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms"
"COVID-19 vaccination required for guides"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers"
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
Hora de Inicio:
Duración: 3 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
FamilyMart MYS Daikokucho Station, 2-chōme-5-16 Shikitsuhigashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, 556-0012, Japan
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.