5-Hour Extreme Cave & Rappel Tour
The 5-Hour Extreme Cave Rappel Expedition is the most adventurous tour in Horne Lake. You will climb, crawl and rappel down the seven story tall (25m.) underground waterfall called “The Rainbarrel” and enter into the most amazing “China Shop” room, completely surrounded by beautiful crystal formations. This tour is exclusive with only one departure a day and limited to 6 adventurous participants.
Participants must agree to follow Cave Park Covid-19 Protocols.Itinerary
One of the wildest tours on Vancouver Island. The only tour that gets you to the very end of Riverbend Cave, aptly named the “Jewel of the Park”. Crawl through The Siphon and beyond to a series of rock climbs, ladders and rappels. Descend the 7 story “Rainbarrel” waterfall on rope and marvel at the incredible “China Shop” room, completely surrounded by beautiful crystal formations.
Participants must agree to follow Cave Park Covid-19 Protocols:
- I will not enter the park if myself or anyone in my party feel ill or have symptoms such as fever, cough, sneezing or headache
- I agree to having my temperature taken by touchless thermometer prior to the tour departure
- I agree to follow all instructions on signage or from guides and other park staff
- I and everyone in my party agree to wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose the entire time inside the cave and also using hand sanitizer before and after accessing the caves
- I agree to joining other participants (up to max. 6) unless I have arranged for a Private TourStop At:
• Horne Lake Caves Provincial Park, 3900 Horne Lake Caves Rd Visitor Centre located 1 km. past campground entrance, Qualicum Beach, British Columbia V9K 2L7 Canada
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
"Age 13+ only and requires recent rappel experience for your comfort and safety."
"Cave temperature is 8 degrees Celsius (46 deg. F)"
"Warm clothing required (2 layers min.). Avoid cotton jeans or shirts. Recommend nylon or poly-pro pants, shirt, sweater / jacket"
"Good solid footwear like running shoes or boots is mandatory. No flip-flops or crocs"
"Nice to have kneepads, gardening gloves and a warm hat or toque in case you get cold"
"No backpacks allowed in cave"
"Bring an energy bar or easy to eat snack that fits in your pocket"
"Max. harness size: WAIST =114 cms. (45 inches). THIGH = 69 cms. (27 inches)"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Not recommended for travelers with back problems"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"Practice Rappelling Session Included Free of Charge"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"Participants must agree to follow Cave Park Covid-19 Protocols"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers"
Hora de Inicio:
Duración: 5 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
Horne Lake Caves Provincial Park, Qualicum Beach, BC V0R, Canada
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.