Yakage Town Historical Walking Tour
Uncover the little-known treasures of Yakage Town on a one-day insider walking tour with a local guide. Explore the ancient route that the feudal lords took when they walked to Edo (the old name for Tokyo), visit Yakage Honjin where samurai and dignitaries stayed, local businesses that have been in operation for over 200 years, still making the same goods. Marvel at the Edo architecture and visit specialty food shops to sample artisan Japanese sweets, sample freshly picked fruit and vegetables. As you walk, you'll learn the history of this town and meet locals that have lived in the town for generations.
• 10:00 Get picked-up from Yakage train station (on Ibara Train Line)
• 10:20 Receive an information booklet and brief orientation from your guide
• 10:40 Visit Yakage Honjin the Samurai Residence
• 11:40 Visit Ishii Soy Sauce Brewery
• 12:00-13:00 Eat a traditional Japanese-style lunch
• 13:00-13:45 Participate in a Traditional Japanese Sweet-making workshop
• 14:00-15:00 Learn how to write Japanese Calligraphy
• 15:15-16:00 Visit Daitsuji-teien Temple to walk around the temple gardens, sit and drink tea.
• 16:00-17:00 Free time to do some shopping
• 17:30 Return to Yakage train station
What is included:
• Lunch is included in the tour price, if you require special menues please tell us and that can be arranged. Additional costs may be applied.
• Entrance into museums and historical sites is included.
• Workshop fees and materials are included.
• An English speaking guide is included. If you require other language support we can arrange for it. Additional costs may be applied if multiple guides are needed for language purposes.
• All transportation within Yakage Town is included in the tour. Transportation to and from Yakage Town is not included and is the responsibility of the visitor.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Infant seats available"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"Children must be accompanied by an adult"
"Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Hora de Inicio:
Duración: 8 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
Yakage Train Station (Ibara Line)
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.