Quilotoa Laguna Daytour
This full day cultural tour begins with a visit to local indigenous market at either Saquisilli (Thursdays only) or Pujili (Sundays only). The drive to Laguna Quilotoa – an amazing emerald lagoon inside a volcano crater at the height of approximatetly 3,800 m – displays a beautiful view of the Andean mountains, passing the ancient canyon of Zumbahua and many indigenous towns and farmlands. The trip through the villages of the area provide a fantastic chance to see one of the most authentic parts of the country. Before lunch we visit a local indigenous home where you have the opportunity to interact with the locals.
Prepare yourself for a taste of cultural and hiking.
• 06:30 Meet at meeting point CarpeDM Office (Jose Antepara E4-60 and Los Ríos, Old Town sector)
• 06:45 - 7:00 am Plaza Foch - Q Restaurant
• 08:30 - Breakfast in small local restaurant 1 hour from Quito (Included)
• 09:30 – Explore Saquisili/Pujili (Thursday/Sunday)
• 10:30 – Depart for Laguna Quilotoa
• 13:30 – Lunch, begin descent into Laguna(Included)
• 15:00 – Explore Laguna- optional kayaking
• 15:30 – Return ascent to crater
• 16:30 – Begin drive back
• 19:00 – Arrive in Quito
• Bilingual Guide
• Entry to Family Residence
• Entry Fee to Quilotoa
What’s Not Included:
• Optional Mule Ride approximately $10 US
• Optional Kayak $5 US
• Extra snacks/beverages
What to bring:
• Warm clothing (layers)
• Sun block
• Sun glasses
• Wool hat
• Original passport
• Waterproof jacket
• Extra snacks and water
• Hiking boots or trekking shoes
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"What to bring:"
"Gloves, scarf, hat"
"Hiking boots or trekking shoes"
"Extra snacks and water"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers"
Hora de Inicio:
6.30am departing from Historical Town Quito CarpeDM Adventures Offices - Jose Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios
7 am Plaza Foch Q Restaurant
Duración: 10 Hours
Lugar de comienzo:
CarpeDM Adventures, José de Antepara, Quito 170136, Ecuador
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.