Full Day Buenos Aires Private Walking Tour - Your Own Personal BA 101
Get oriented to the layout of Buenos Aires & its layers of history/culture by taking this 'BA101' 7-hour private guided walking tour - the best way to see the city in 1 day, up-close & personal. Your own native English-speaking guide will show you the must-see areas of the city to make the most of your time, as well as offering suggestions & recommendations. You will be met where you're staying to be accompanied to the tour start (any travel time is added on to the tour time). Our suggested itinerary covers San Telmo, the Historic City Center, Retiro, Recoleta & the cemetery.
• 7 hour private walking tour
• Personal meeting service at your accommodation (or cruise port terminal)
• Your own personal native English-speaking, university-educated guide
• Flexible itinerary
• BuenosTours is the no.1 ranked private tour company in BA (as per TripAdvisor)
We'll meet you at your city accommodation or the cruise port to accompany you to the tour start point by private transport or on foot, with the travel time being in addition to the touring time. When taking our suggested 'BA101' itinerary you would visit the following places:
• San Telmo, the atmospheric home of tango, immigrant history, antiques and old cobblestone streets, centered around Plaza Dorrego.
• The historical city center (Monserrat), full of beautiful churches, Plaza de Mayo, the Pink House (Casa Rosada), the Evita Balcony, the City Cathedral, Avenida de Mayo, and many more important landmarks.
• A break at the oldest & most beautiful cafe in Buenos Aires, Cafe Tortoni, the cafe in a city of cafes, founded way back in 1858.
• The heart of the barrio of Retiro – Plaza San Martin, a leafy park surrounded by beautiful architecture and filled with monuments.
• The "widest avenue in the world", Avenida 9 de Julio, home to the famous Buenos Aires Obelisk.
• Lunch at a traditional Argentine restaurant with your guide – a place where locals eat, with a choice of dishes to cover all tastes.
• Recoleta, the most prestigious traditional neighborhood, full of grand old mansions and high class establishments, where we’ll stroll along the elegant and upscale Avenida Alvear and into Plaza Francia, the heart of Recoleta.
• Finally, the highlight for many: Recoleta Cemetery, the last resting place of Eva Peron and many other rich & famous Argentines, plus the highest concentration of stunning architecture in the whole city.
At the end of the tour your guide will flag a taxi for you, or you can pre-arrange private/accompanied transport back to your accommodation during the booking process.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"What you'll need:"
"Good shoes for walking! (Don't worry about the distance, we won't walk too far and as it's a private tour we'll go at your pace)"
"Some cash (pesos or USD) for any cafe or lunch stops, and a credit/debit card just in case you need more money for anything during the day"
"For most of the year you should consider sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat etc"
"If rain looks possible, dress appropriately and ask your hotel to borrow an umbrella (or if not possible, ask your guide directly by calling in advance, regarding bringing spare umbrellas)"
"Consider bringing a camera or cell phone to take photos, don't worry about safety as long as you can store it as you walk and remain aware of your belongings"
"Service animals allowed"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
"COVID-19 vaccination required for guides"
Duración: 420 To 510 Minutes
Lugar de comienzo:
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up at your Hotel or Apartment/AirBnB within the city of Buenos Aires, or if you are on a cruise ship then we can pick you up from the Cruise Port Terminal "Quinquela Martin".
Or if you prefer (or are staying outside the city of Buenos Aires, or just transiting through the city for the day), we can arrange to meet you at the walking tour start point, which is usually in the neighborhood of San Telmo. You would need to contact us directly after booking to arrange this.
END OF TOUR: With our suggested full day tour itinerary, the tour usually ends in the neighborhood of Recoleta, near the cemetery. However sometimes with later tour starts we will end the tour in the neighborhood of Retiro (in or near Plaza San Martin).
At the end of the tour your guide will be happy to help flag you down a taxi and tell the driver where to take you to get back to your accommodation or wherever you wish to go. Unless of course you select the "transport back" tour option, in which case your guide or a driver will accompany you back to your accommodation.Ports
Cancelaciones y devoluciones:
- Terminal de Cruceros Quinquela Martín, Av. Ramón Castillo 13, Buenos Aires, Argentina
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.